Tuesday 9 February 2016

It is time to start mystery shopping again, and a change in strategy to boot!

It is mystery shop time again tomorrow. I have carried out so few mystery shops in 2016 through a lack of available jobs and other work commitments taking over that it feels like tomorrow will be my return to the arena of mystery shopping. This is the start of getting back into it and making sure that I hit my goals of how much money I want to make by mystery shopping this year. I won't divulge too much information about that at this moment but it is safe to say that I haven't made it there yet!

There are two shops tomorrow and it does mark the start of a slightly different strategy that I am taking with my this year.

In the past I took the spend up to the available limit (and sometimes beyond) to maximise the products I was getting for the mystery shop time I was putting in. Most assignments have the payment in two elements - the reimbursement and the fee. The reimbursement is the money paid back to you for what you have spent. The fee is the incentive for going there. I have usually used the money from both to make the purchase, leaving me with no profit but a full spend on the products I would take home, for personal use or to give as gifts.

This year will see me spend the reimbursement but ensure that I keep the fee as a profit, leaving me to spend the fee on whatever I choose from wherever I want to buy. It is about what is important to you as a mystery shopper and this year I want spending money for my holiday!

I will post an update tomorrow on the two mystery shops I carry out and you will see more shops and more blog entries in the upcoming weeks.

If you are looking to become a mystery shopper then my book is available now and is a great guide to becoming a mystery shopper and making a success of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment