Tuesday 21 June 2016

Beware of mystery shopping scams - they are out there

The BBC website reports that a woman who was arrested for theft claims she was "working undercover" for a company that called itself Mystery Shopping UK.


This is an incredible story and just goes to show that there are unscrupulous companies out there that want to exploit people. All of the mystery shop companies that I feature in my blog and my book are legitimate companies that I have been able to check out.

If you are ever in any doubt about what you have been asked to do then do some background research and find out about what the company is and if they have any online reviews. Some websites like Trustpilot are a great way to see if the company you are dealing with has been marked down by other users in the past.


If you have any questions about any of the mystery shopping companies that you use then please get in touch using the comments section here or ask me on Twitter. I'll be glad to help.

My book on mystery shopping is available on the Amazon Kindle store and can really help anyone who is looking to become a mystery shopper. It is full of the steps you will need to take to become a success in this area.


No comments:

Post a Comment