Tuesday 20 October 2015

See some of the notes I've written during a mystery shop today

I'm going to concentrate on one mystery shop from today for the blog. I'm going to look at before, during and after to show a little bit of the preparation and the work that's involved in a mystery shop.

During
I'm just about to go into my mystery shop at a restaurant. I've checked and checked again the location and the notes so I know exactly what I'm doing. It's a town I know well, so I've parked somewhere that has no cost.

I'll put updates on here as I go but discretion is the key. Right, I'm going in now.

The server is enthusiastic to the extreme. He's said the word "guys" 20 times already and the word "fantastic" about 10 times as well! It's good service and the restaurant is clean, modern and bright - the only thing missing is customers. One table were leaving when we got here, one was about half way through and us. A lot of rent on a building and salary on staff when there's no customers in spending money.

But back to the mystery shop.

The food is great, the service is very friendly but a little slower than I'd expect for somewhere so quiet. It's been good, and I'm on my way.

A short blog entry for the "during" part as I've been trying to type without being seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment