Monday 7 November 2016

First day of my mission to mystery shop my main meal for a week

Mission one accomplished!

I have been and carried out my first mystery shop main meal of the week. It was at the catering facility of the local hospital. It is owned and run by a third party so I am not taking money from the National Health Service!

It was a simple mystery shop of buying food and assessing the service that was given. These facilities are never that busy so they are easy to navigate, get around and get the necessary elements of the mystery shop done.

This one included-
  • selecting a main meal
  • seeing if I was offered anything extra (an upsell in mystery shop[ terminology)
  • gathering the name and description of who served me
  • paying at the till
  • gathering the name and description of the till person


The meal was good home-cooked food - a vegetarian cottage pie. It is always good value as well. The fee and reimbursement covered a meal for two people, including drinks and dessert.


On to the next one. Join me on my week where I attempt to feed myself, my wife and the kids at the weekend in mystery shops alone.

Mystery shopping in restaurants is quite easy when you know how. If you are thinking of becoming a mystery shopper then my guide to mystery shopping is a great place to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment