Wednesday 9 November 2016

What goes into a mystery shop?


This week I have been trying to get my main meal every day paid for from mystery shopping. I have set up a mystery shop every day in a restaurant, bar or pub. I think that there are great benefits to mystery shopping and to prove it can feed me for a week!


But a lot of people ask me what mystery shopping is all about. Let me talk you through today's mystery shop so you can see what it entails-

First I had to read and print all the job notes and the questionnaire - 10 minutes

I had to plan the visit such as travelling there, parking and how long I'd be there - 5 minutes

Travelling to the venue in a nearby town - 10 minutes

I carried out the mystery shop itself with all the requirements that the company gave me - 30  minutes

For this one I had to buy a meal and a drink, ask a question about the meal - is the coffee you use Free-Trade?

This also had a requirement that is becoming more common, which is to take a photo of the meal before I eat it. I guess they are looking 

After the job I had to complete the questionnaire on paper soon after completing the mystery shop - 5 minutes

Then it was on to home to answer the questionnaire online - 10 minutes travel and 20 minutes online

The whole mystery shop from start to finish took around an hour and a half. So you have to weigh this up when thinking about whether mystery shopping will work for you. An hour and a half might be too much out of the day of certain people. It might be a good amount of time to earn a free meal for others.

On to the next meal!

Mystery shopping is a great way to earn some extra money. If you are interested in becoming a mystery shopper then my book will let you know what it is all about and guide you through the application process. Check it out now!


No comments:

Post a Comment