Sunday 13 November 2016

The 'feed myself for a week on mystery shopping' challenge reaches day 6 - Saturday

The week started with me setting myself a challenge to have all of my main meals for a whole week off the back of mystery shopping assignments.

This is to show some of the real benefits to mystery shopping and how it can save you money, make you money and give you some nice treats. I think that mystery shopping is a great way to add a little extra to what you do and the week has shown some of the aspects of mystery shopping so you can see what it is all about.

I said at the start of the week that I would back each day up with a short blog so you can see my progress.

We have reached Saturday!


This took in a visit to a national quality pizza chain restaurant. It was a visit for four people (the kids being off school at the weekend) so I had to stretch the budget a little further today. In fact we lost out by the tune of around £10. You can look at this two ways-

  • Either £10 isn't bad to feed a family of four in a quality restaurant
  • The surplus that was made on other mystery shops made up for this
I try to look at things with the second way in mind. As long as the cash evens itself out over a month or so then I am happy. I then get to walk away from my mystery shopping experiences with free food and goods while not being out of pocket.


For example I could do the following mystery shops in a week-

A no purchase visit to a jewellers that paid me £10
A restaurant shop that costs me £5 more than the combined fee and reimbursement
A visit to a cafe where I broke even
A mystery shop at a bookmakers where I had a £3 fee
A pub meal visit where I spent £8 more than the fee and reimbursement

So overall I broke even in cash terms, but I got a meal for two in the restaurant, my lunch in the cafe, a free bet in the bookmakers and a pub meal for four. Mystery shopping can open doors for you like this. You just need to know which doors to knock on. My guide to becoming a mystery shopper is available now and will give you all the information you need to make it a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment